The green mark scheme was mainly launched in the year 2005. This is mainly a green building rating system designed to evaluate the environmental impact of the environment and performance.
Top reasons for applying for the green mark scheme certification
The green projects do have these below benefits over the long run:
- The significant differentiation of the buildings in case of the real estate market.
- The green mark certification can have a positive effect on the corporate image. This type of certification may also help in leasing as well as increasing the resale value of buildings.
- This helps in the reduction of water, energy, as well as other material resource usage.
- This type of certification helps in reducing the major environmental impact.
- This mainly helps in improving the indoor environmental quality for better health as well as well-being. This also helps in improving the performance of the building.
The Green Mark scheme was mainly introduced to improve the efficiency of Singapore’s construction industry.
Top facts to know about the green mark scheme certification
To get the green mark scheme certification, there are mainly three different steps. This first stage is the pre-assessment stage. This stage is optional. This is normally used mainly when the project team members are unfamiliar with the selection criterion and usually require clarifications. Stage 2, the actual assessment, involves verifying the site and checking on some of the supporting documents. Stage 3- verification is mainly based on the committed items. This green mark certification is mainly valid for three years from the Letter of Award date, issued by the BCA.
BCA will mainly issue the letter of the Award upon the completion of the green mark assessment. The LOA will be mainly issued approximately after three weeks of the clearance of all Green mark documents. This LOA can be provided at any time of the year. But the certificate for the Award is mainly issued in May/ June during the BCA awards ceremony.
Green Mark points will only be awarded to products and equipment, which are being certified by some of the authorized local certification bodies.
Green product certifications are mainly intentional to summarize and confirm that a particular product is mainly meeting the particular standard and offers the required environmental benefit. Many of the product labels as well as the certification programs certify products that are mainly based on life-cycle parameters making the same as the multi-attribute programs. The green product certification is mainly considered as most respected when the particular independent third party is mainly responsible for conducting the product testing and awarding the required certification.